Tuesday, March 22, 2005

how do you feel?

I'm not afraid of anything
I just need to know if I can breath
I don't need much of anything
But suddenly, suddenly

I am small and the world is big
All around me is fast moving
Surrounded by so many things
But suddenly, suddenly

[Chorus]
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

I'm young, and I am free
But I get tired, and I get weak
I get lost, and I can't sleep
But suddenly, suddenly

~ How does it feel ~ Avril Lavigne

for some reason, this song had been stucked in my head for a few days,
sometimes i really felt that way, the world is big and everything is fast moving,
and i felt like i am stucked in a moment ...

the part that really really struck me was the chorus,
how many times did we ponder whether other people can really feel what we are feeling,
or knowing what we are going thru.
from a Christian perspectives,
sometimes personally i felt like what do people think when i am doing stuff that i do,
maybe people will regard as weird listening to "christian" music or wearing "christian" t-shirts,
going to church, not cussing out loud(or at all) ... etc
or whether does people ever ponder how's life of a Christian,
sometimes i ponder how does it feel to be at the other end of the world,
being in a totally different state of life, although we can all see that thru TV shows like Friends, The OC and so forth and so on .. but it will not really hit ya when you come to a close encouter with possibly people who are living like that .... do we really understand the world ? does the world really don't want to understand us? are we living as we should ? or are we putting up barriers to protect ourselves from others?

maybe someone is on the other side of the spectrum, listening to the same song,
pondering whether people know how they felt. they don't buy into all the "christian" sub-culture stuff, to them maybe Christian radio might be just another dial on the radio, tobyMac is the kid right across the street with street credibility, and 3 days grace is just another rock band ...
this kid might be long to see genuine Christianity, Christianity in action not just Christianity in apparel...

what we have as Christians is love from God and realness of life if we choose to live what we've called to, and what the rest of the western world lacks might be the reality of life, reality TV is there temporary to fill in the emptiness of the souls, rock music can only go so far, dope will stop eventually, and work based religion will only discouraged the heck outta the world ..

the love of Christ is the only way to bridge between the world and Christians,
how does it feel to be a Christian?
how does it feel to be a non-Christian?
are we the same?
do we have the same problem?
there are many questions to be answered,
the root of the answer has to be Christ and His Gospel.

though it's hard,
let's live it,
thru Christ,
who strengthen us.

~ Daniel

No comments: