Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Somewhere Only we know

it's raining outside again,
i am playing some brit-pop on my laptop,
from keane to coldplay to up and coming doves,
one verse in keane's song "somewhere only we know" kinda hit me,

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

i know they are probably talking about girls or life,
really, where have all the simple things in our life gone?
how come everything had gradually became so complicated,
sometimes i wish simpleness is what i will settle for,
but once we get there, we try to complicate it so that we can get used to it ..

anyways, another good discussion at community group tonight,
we talked about "the core" , which is the "core motives" of our lives,
why we go to church, why we go to work, why we wear certain types of clothes,
is our motives praises from men ? and how did that turned into self-glorification,
instead of God-glorification ...
and why do we do certain types of things ..
it really makes me think .. why do i go to work, why do i go hiking, why do people go on dates, why does mtv is that popular, why ... why ... why ...
it boiled down to the core .. and there's 2 choices .. Glory to God who gives us all our gifts and abilities .. or self-glorification that leads to destruction ..
neat thought ..

anyways.

i still got mellow rock music playing on my laptop ..
why do i listen to them .. hmm .. i don't know.

~ daniel
p/s anyone realize that .. in the morning .. you feel like NOT going to work .. in the evening you feel like NOT going away from work to go home .. why is that?


No comments: